1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
17833 Notes/ Hide
- theunicornsattack likes this
- believe2bhealthy reblogged this from itzygetshealthy
- gethella-fit reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- beccapocalypse likes this
- strength-faith-motivation likes this
- kissable-fitness reblogged this from basilwillbefit
- wnchestiel likes this
- cali-cali-dream reblogged this from tonedbellyplease
- cali-cali-dream likes this
- pinkfingerhugs reblogged this from fitcurves
- shiningey3s likes this
- silverhead13 reblogged this from positivelylosing
- thecriminalcupcake reblogged this from turningheadsfitness
- mjfancherry likes this
- loser-crossing likes this
- life-means-health reblogged this from fit-heaven
- getfitinspirational likes this
- omphacine likes this
- petite-fitness reblogged this from behealthyeathappy
- notbychancebutbychange reblogged this from emilyliving
- h-two-eau reblogged this from h3althy-liiving
- qyumyum likes this
- selfhelpformaddie reblogged this from brave--the--run
- eventuallyclever reblogged this from summerskinny25
- cheeseburgersandcrystalmeth likes this
- avielissa reblogged this from farewell-fat
- swimmingwithaboner likes this
- mamaruthy reblogged this from windinyoursaiils
- windinyoursaiils reblogged this from va-va-voom-fitness
- justawallflowerinspiration likes this
- thevisualtao likes this
- amateurdetective likes this
- blowmeazephyr likes this
- real-liz-zing likes this
- tea--and-toast likes this
- susanle15 likes this
- lovealwaysdom likes this
- lovealwaysdom reblogged this from backonpointe
- sqwhats reblogged this from fitspocouture
- collectingmileseveryday reblogged this from fitbeliever
- twerkforphilanddan likes this
- colorrunnerarianna reblogged this from fitanne
- renegade-runner reblogged this from abrandnewyou
- animal-lover1998 likes this
- nunsong-ii likes this
- kirimochi-chan reblogged this from untangling-beauty
- becauseiam6795 reblogged this from farewell-fat
- justlovemenot likes this
- paxtonlorraine likes this
- serjeb reblogged this from farewell-fat