1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
13831 Notes/ Hide
- be-the-greatest reblogged this from fitblr-fitness
- fitblr-fitness reblogged this from fithappyfre
- fithappyfre reblogged this from fitandfashionble
- fitandfashionble reblogged this from skinny-momma
- tiffsfitness reblogged this from to-make-him-jealous
- skinny-mint reblogged this from fit-and-flat
- ohhaaaayrenee reblogged this from fitnesstropical
- afuckingoscarwinner likes this
- journeytohealthy reblogged this from organically-grown
- feeling-fantastic reblogged this from shelby-fit
- irisalandra likes this
- binge-beater reblogged this from self-confitence
- the-feeling-of-winning reblogged this from freshman15isreal
- gracefitly reblogged this from foreverfit-foreverhappy
- shelbershine reblogged this from thenewfitmeee
- happy-healthy-foodie reblogged this from samanthagetsfit
- 01feb likes this
- healthnfitnesswife reblogged this from samanthagetsfit
- samanthagetsfit likes this
- samanthagetsfit reblogged this from leanmeanmachine23
- leanmeanmachine23 reblogged this from befitlovelife
- jazisfit reblogged this from standforchange
- c-atte reblogged this from shelby-fit
- lanas-fat-funeral reblogged this from shapeupforgrad
- floweredlife reblogged this from brandnewyearnewme
- opensounds likes this
- letsgetfizzicle reblogged this from fitspotential
- goldcluster likes this
- sweating4schengen reblogged this from fit101
- fitspoxismyxinspo likes this
- put-your-back-into-it reblogged this from extrememakeoverrunnersedition
- dare2-beme reblogged this from health-is-as-health-does
- misshansfeldt likes this
- cracka-smilee likes this
- extrememakeoverrunnersedition reblogged this from embracing-my-curves
- beingthinisphat likes this
- mikosuave likes this
- thisuserishealthyandlost reblogged this from brandnewyearnewme
- flamingicecube reblogged this from cardio-weights-dedication
- fit--forever-after likes this
- boosfitnessdiary likes this
- fitxfabxfashion reblogged this from gettinghealthierbythesecond
- brandnewyearnewme reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- toofatfor19 likes this
- justme-trustme reblogged this from eri112
- iloverunningandcows likes this
- sumquitandsumgetfit reblogged this from gettinghealthierbythesecond
- onlymybeginning likes this