1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
17901 Notes/ Hide
- fitness-forme likes this
- fitness-forme reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- missfitminx reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- omg-books-coffee-yoga likes this
- jinxmeplease likes this
- lamaravilla likes this
- glamchick823 likes this
- thethreeprincesofserendip likes this
- changing-nikki reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- timetochangehabits reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- pugsrcoolio likes this
- papi2chulo2 reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- lalasunnylove likes this
- workout-and-healthy-life likes this
- irishspirt reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- berecklessandbrave reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- nobodycallsmethat reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- fitbiatchhh reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- graceful-perfection likes this
- challengethefear reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- iqueenladyd likes this
- putting-the-umph-in-triumph reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- iqueenladyd reblogged this from fitness-is-pink
- runwritesuffer likes this
- gabbyhi likes this
- fitness-is-pink reblogged this from prettyandtoned
- fitness-is-pink likes this
- f-i-t-motivation likes this
- pwrofconsciousness reblogged this from prettyandtoned
- veeoneeyedgaf likes this
- prettyandtoned reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- runwild-sweetchild likes this
- tomlinsonsblueyes likes this
- kaikahealth reblogged this from fattyfit
- seraphoid likes this
- sanity-excluded likes this
- chxnelvodka reblogged this from farewell-fat
- thebeautyoflarry likes this
- wheresmy-supersuit likes this
- bridgetgetsbetter reblogged this from pumpingironman
- fuzzybunny3 reblogged this from farewell-fat
- fuzzybunny3 likes this
- 55kgpls reblogged this from have-to-be-skinnier
- tiniestofthesams likes this
- brandifloyd24 likes this
- iclaimthishappiness reblogged this from fittingly-furiously-fat
- dreamingof160 reblogged this from fittingly-furiously-fat
- anoathtomybody reblogged this from fittingly-furiously-fat
- fittingly-furiously-fat reblogged this from teaflex
- ahardworld likes this