1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
17846 Notes/ Hide
- kayla-jdr likes this
- ayyyyyyooooo reblogged this from tonedbellyplease
- l-ula likes this
- yourloveismydrug-13 likes this
- gingerninja713 likes this
- lovelauramontoya21 reblogged this from tonedbellyplease
- ibasicallyhateu likes this
- qweenkvibes reblogged this from farewell-fat
- faileywildhigh likes this
- randomlover101 likes this
- missfitj22 reblogged this from doingitformyself and added:
- maiahbrookedixon likes this
- refractlightlikeadiamond likes this
- teoniastumblr reblogged this from myhealthycollegeliving
- teoniastumblr likes this
- imonly-fat reblogged this from fight-to-health
- likeinthem0vies likes this
- pillow-man likes this
- shiplaughloveeveryday reblogged this from farewell-fat
- lovepassionexercise reblogged this from addicted--to--fit
- localskier likes this
- marty-grah likes this
- makemebelieveimyours reblogged this from every-damn-day-girl
- poprocksandvodkashots reblogged this from fitwithquin
- catt308 likes this
- thatsarcasticchick reblogged this from farewell-fat
- thatsarcasticchick likes this
- gettingfitlesbian likes this
- isitablog reblogged this from backonpointe
- ju-kai likes this
- craving-perfection1025 reblogged this from farewell-fat
- craving-perfection1025 likes this
- hellohealthythings reblogged this from iwantprettylittlebones
- sherunswiththesun likes this
- believe2bhealthy reblogged this from itzygetshealthy
- gethella-fit reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- beccapocalypse likes this
- strength-faith-motivation likes this
- kissable-fitness reblogged this from basilwillbefit
- wnchestiel likes this
- cali-cali-dream reblogged this from tonedbellyplease
- cali-cali-dream likes this
- pinkfingerhugs reblogged this from fitcurves
- shiningey3s likes this
- silverhead13 reblogged this from positivelylosing
- thecriminalcupcake reblogged this from turningheadsfitness
- mjfancherry likes this
- loser-crossing likes this
- life-means-health reblogged this from fit-heaven
- fitblr-co-uk likes this