1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
17876 Notes/ Hide
- kaikahealth reblogged this from fattyfit
- seraphoid likes this
- sanity-excluded likes this
- chxnelvodka reblogged this from farewell-fat
- thebeautyoflarry likes this
- wheresmy-supersuit likes this
- bridgetgetsbetter reblogged this from pumpingironman
- fuzzybunny3 reblogged this from farewell-fat
- fuzzybunny3 likes this
- 55kgpls reblogged this from have-to-be-skinnier
- tiniestofthesams likes this
- brandifloyd24 likes this
- iclaimthishappiness reblogged this from fittingly-furiously-fat
- dreamingof160 reblogged this from fittingly-furiously-fat
- anoathtomybody reblogged this from fittingly-furiously-fat
- fittingly-furiously-fat reblogged this from teaflex
- ahardworld likes this
- worrkoutwarrior reblogged this from sassyyogi
- myhealthstuff reblogged this from slenderhappyme
- slenderhappyme reblogged this from nerdyhealthblr
- caramelchicken likes this
- lookbeyondthisbattle reblogged this from nerdyhealthblr
- lookbeyondthisbattle likes this
- willpower-beauty reblogged this from nerdyhealthblr
- nerdyhealthblr reblogged this from teaflex
- fitspoalli reblogged this from teaflex
- 37inarow likes this
- zalgria likes this
- rotkappchenx3 likes this
- o-hellu reblogged this from farewell-fat
- o-hellu likes this
- keepgoing-pushharder reblogged this from teaflex
- whatalovelyloser reblogged this from teaflex
- est081694 likes this
- cutenfit reblogged this from teaflex
- datsmyass reblogged this from teaflex
- shrinkingbeauty reblogged this from teaflex
- nyf likes this
- nyf reblogged this from slowly-drifting-awayyyy
- lovely--toned reblogged this from slowly-drifting-awayyyy
- d-138 likes this
- runningrio likes this
- dearestbrooklyn reblogged this from teaflex
- jersing likes this
- bellyboots likes this
- slowly-drifting-awayyyy reblogged this from teaflex
- laillied likes this
- teaflex reblogged this from embracing-my-curves