1. Who’s really getting cheated?
Sure, no one else would know about skipping out on the last Chatarunga. But only one person loses in that situation (hint: it’s not the super-ripped chick sweating it out on the next mat).
2. Change pace.
Circuit training, a killer combination of cardio and strength training, can help break the monotony of a long workout. Run five minutes, then drop and do some push-ups. Wash, rinse, repeat.
3. Picture this.
Visualize cheering fans or crossing the finish line to bang out one more set or lap. Or just go mental: Imagine this workout is the equivalent of the Olympic trials (no big deal).
4. Grab a pal.
Work out with a fit pal who will hold you to a higher standard. Stuck going solo today? Imagine they’re still there. After all, who wants to wuss out in front of an audience?
5. Break it down.
Set mini-goals when the going gets tough. This isn’t a three-mile run— just six measly half-mile runs.
6. Savor the pain.
“Pain is weakness leaving the body,” the saying goes. Pain is also proof that this workout is tough. Clearly you’re doing something right, so why stop now? (Just know when pain is signaling something more serious.)
Whether comparing against the dude on the next treadmill over or your own time last training session, competition ups the ante and helps us forget about wanting to quit.
8. Remember the end.
That post-workout high? Yeah, almost there. The struggle of that final set won’t last— and when the workout’s over, it’ll be replaced by a much better feeling: pride.
Read the rest at The Greatist!
17852 Notes/ Hide
- quietwavess reblogged this from meatless-athlete
- holy--supernatural likes this
- youtubertears likes this
- youtubertears reblogged this from farewell-fat
- darling-areyouinsane likes this
- rawrfitness reblogged this from attainingfitness1
- thrifting-gems likes this
- runwiththesun18 likes this
- peakingseauxl likes this
- ne-u-t-ral likes this
- aurevoirexcuse reblogged this from eat-cleantraindirty
- eat-cleantraindirty reblogged this from riiaeatsright
- jumaluna likes this
- didyblack likes this
- journey-to-be-my-perfect-self reblogged this from kittenkat450
- anything-advice-blog likes this
- wintersage reblogged this from meatless-athlete
- loveyoulikethestarsabove likes this
- kaitmsarcone reblogged this from takeyourmarkgo
- kaitmsarcone likes this
- greatthighsorfrenchfries reblogged this from fitbeliever
- vicious-cycles likes this
- bambifit reblogged this from becomingmegan
- milla--vanilla likes this
- keikoel reblogged this from farewell-fat
- keikoel likes this
- tervesielu reblogged this from motivationintohabit
- oldscarsmystars likes this
- toseeachangeinme likes this
- confettions likes this
- w-ildaisy likes this
- girlinacoat likes this
- holeinmyheartlikeniallspolo reblogged this from farewell-fat
- holeinmyheartlikeniallspolo likes this
- classic-roses likes this
- socloseyetsofaar likes this
- strawberryshortcake-bitch likes this
- strawberryshortcake-bitch reblogged this from pandasthinspo
- flawless-fitness likes this
- fitxxme reblogged this from needtobefit
- fitxxme likes this
- itsmoretzman likes this
- joellita-aaa likes this
- daddyissuesbabygirl reblogged this from daddyissuesbabygirl
- sourserendipity reblogged this from farewell-fat
- gymnastics-fun reblogged this from addictedtofitt
- little-bit-of-every-thing reblogged this from get-up-n-go
- lovemelikeyouveneverloved reblogged this from farewell-fat
- little-bit-of-every-thing likes this